USTA Southwest has created a ball designation list for young players 10 and Under and 12 & Under to ensure they are playing in the proper division.
If a player is highlighted in orange on one or more of the lists below, then the player is required to play 10 and Under until they A) fulfill the Ball Progression Rules and/or B) turn 10 1/2 years old.
(The links below are listed alphabetically and by gender).
10 & UNDER PARTICIPATION POINTS LIST
12 & UNDER RANKINGS
(updated Jan. 23)
AGING UP TO THE NEXT DIVISION
As of 1/1/2012 – If you are Born before 8/1/2001 a player may play 10 and under or 12 and under
As of 2/1/2012 – If you are Born before 9/1/2001 a player may play 10 and under or 12 and under
As of 3/1/2012 – If you are Born before 10/1/2001 a player may play 10 and under or 12 and under
As of 4/1/2012 – If you are Born before 11/1/2001 a player may play 10 and under or 12 and under
As of 5/1/2012 – If you are Born before 12/1/2001 a player may play 10 and under or 12 and under
As of 6/1/2012 – If you are Born before 1/1/2002 a player may play 10 and under or 12 and under
1. If a player has petitioned to 12 and Under and was unsuccessful, the player must enter 10 and Under unless he/she has completed the Ball Progression Rules. If you enter 12 and Under then the tournament director WILL move the player into the correct event.
2. If a player’s name does NOT appear on any of the lists and you are born after 8/1/2001 then the player will play 10 and Under events until the Ball Progression Rules have been completed and/or the player has reached 10½ years old.
3. A player DOES NOT have to move to 12 and Under once they have reached 10½ years old. You may enter into 10 and under events until you complete the Ball Progression Rules or until the day the player turns 11 years old.
4. The Lists will be UPDATED every 2 weeks and will take into account NEW petitions. Please check the website to review the most recent lists.
5. Once the Junior Competition Committee has reviewed a player’s petition, the decision of the committee is final.
6. A player’s coach can contact the Southwest Office on 480-289-2351 or email firstname.lastname@example.org, with questions regarding training or assistance with equipment during this transition.
To petition to the 12 and Under division, click HERE.