2014 Early Start League Rating Appeal Instructions
* For Combined Rating Program ONLY (18 & Over Mixed / 40 & Over Mixed / 55 & Over / 65 & Over)*
ALL OTHER APPEALS WILL BE DONE THROUGH TENNISLINK AS YOU SIGN UP FOR A TEAM
If your name does NOT appear on the Early-Start Rating list, then your rating has NOT changed and you will maintain your last rating
Important information for 2014 Early-Start Ratings
Early-start ratings will ONLY be published on the USTA Southwest Section website (www.southwest.usta.com).
* Please do not look for early-start ratings or appeal information through TennisLink as only year-end ratings are published there.
* You cannot appeal through "Find A Rating" for an early start rating.
* The early-start ratings are published in August for the sole purpose of establishing a rating for those players who plan to play during the 2014 USTA League season which may begin play as early as August 2013.
* The ratings apply ONLY to those individuals who are playing in EARLY START PROGRAMS and DO NOT apply to those players participating in leagues which begin play after January 1, 2014. It is important to note that this is not your final rating for the 2013 USTA League season.
* Year-end ratings will be published for all players in November.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What do these ratings include? These ratings include only league results, except mixed doubles. It does not include sanctioned tournaments.
What level can I play at sanctioned tournaments? If you are a 4.0 player, but get a 4.5 early season rating, you can still play sanctioned tournaments as a 4.0 until next year or the end of year ratings come out.
Can I appeal my rating up? Yes, if you are within the allowable range and appeal your rating, you will be moved up. However, no phone calls will be accepted.
How do I appeal my rating down? If you are playing in a Combined Rating program, please click HERE for the Official Appeal Form. Send completed appeal form to Daniel Even by fax to 480-289-2701 or by e-mail to email@example.com.
If you are registering for a program that uses straight levels, you must appeal online by going to http://tennislink.usta.com/leagues/, click Register for a Team, enter your team ID and your USTA Number in the appropriate fields.
You will get a note that your rating is too high for the team entered and will see the option to appeal your rating. When you do appeal, the system will immediately determine whether you are within the allowable range. If your appeal is granted, it will be automatically and immediately changed. If denied, then your appeal cannot be granted.